The Ateneo de Naga
THE ATENEO DE NAGA, originally a Jesuit high school for boys, was founded in 1940 from the invitation of Caceres Bishop Pedro Santos. Fr. Francis Burns S.J. was the first Rector and Principal. Its first classes were held at the Camarines Sur Catholic Academy (now Naga Parochial School). In 1941, classes were stopped because of the war and only resumed in 1946. In 1947, the school opened the College Department with 87 students. In 1953, the college became coeducational by accepting the first five women. In 1979, the Ateneo de Naga was accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools Colleges and Universities or PAASCU. In 1991, the Ateneo de Naga was placed among the country's 18 Top Universities and Colleges. In 1999, the Commission on Higher Education conferred the University Status to the Ateneo. In 2003, the High School moved to its new home in upland Naga City (Pacol) and opened the doors to 185 girls after 63 years of exclusivity.
- Institutional Autonomous Status granted by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- Accredited by PAASCU since 1979.
- PAASCU Level III accreditation (the only one in Naga City and Camarines Sur) .
- International linkages to Jesuit institutions all over the world.
- Member of the Jesuit Basic Education Commission of the Philippines (JBEC).
- Wide career and scholarship opportunities for graduates.
- Consistent outstanding performances in academic and non-academic contests.
- Competent and highly trained teachers.
- Over-all Teacher-Student Ratio: 1:22.
- The only junior high school that offers Computer education as its TLE subject.
- Entrepreneurship Program in the Curriculum
- Expanded English Language & Reading Program using Science Research Associates or SRA cards
- Comprehensive Religious Education Curriculum
- Sports and Athletics Program
- International Student Exchange Program
- Student Activity Elective with varied choices of Club Organizations to select from
- Green and Eco-friendly 10-hectare Campus
- Online Learning Management System Instruction, Grading and Deportment Monitoring System
- 4 Air-conditioned Internet ready Computer Laboratories
- Air-conditioned Library and Electronic Resource Center (ERC) with EBSCOHOST (Web research resource) facility
- 2 Air-conditioned SRA Reading Laboratories
- Air-conditioned Viewing rooms
- Fully-Equipped Science Laboratories
- LCD-Projector Equipped Classrooms
- Sports Facilities, 4 Basketball Courts, 2 Volleyball Courts, Futsal Court and Football field
- 500 person capacity Chapel
- Brown-out free Automatic Power Generator
- Closed circuit CCTV cameras
IGNATIAN FORMATION PROGRAM
- Outreach, Retreats & Recollections
- Social Action Program
- Extensive Homeroom & Guidance Program
- Student Leadership Program
805 JESUIT SCHOOLS GLOBALLY
JESUIT SCHOOLS NETWORK IN THE PHILIPPINES
- Ateneo de Naga ( this school )
- Ateneo de Manila ( Quezon City )
- Xavier School ( San Juan City, Sta. Rosa, Laguna )
- Loyola College of Culion ( Palawan )
- Ateneo de Cebu ( Sacred Heart School )
- Ateneo de Iloilo ( Santa Maria Catholic School )
- Ateneo de Zamboanga
- Xavier University ( Ateneo de Cagayan )
- Ateneo de Davao